Skip to main content

What to do with egg yolks

Last night, I made cauliflower. There was a bell pepper too. I could have made them as separate curries with tomatoes added. I didn't have energy to keep two stoves burning at once. Skeptically I cut the capsicum into slices and added it to the curry. There were 4 egg yellows I didn't no what to do with. I added them to the curry while letting the vegetable cook. On the top, it could get steamed and not mess with the curry. Later I just mixed it up. In the end it all worked out great. The tomato juice, water from the vegetables and the egg yellows worked together to make a creamy sauce.
Egg yolk sauce is an interesting story in trying to analyse and deconstruct your favourite food. For the times that my pantry is out of Maggi, I think of what is in its masala.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.