Skip to main content

Tomatoes, Lemons and Onions

We had food at Chutneys. Earlier it used to be a place called Pasand. I had been there twice.
Come to think of it, new restaurants in the times of recession, start at old restaurants.
Wen you walk in, you can see the lustre of the new fabric of the booths. A friend noted tat the bubbles theme is soothing.
We decided upon rotis each to their own, Chicken tikka masala, Lamb keema and egg biryani. I wanted to try the chicken Vindaloo but then again the thought of Vinegar made me say no. Trying a new thing is always like being in a see saw.
Just when the order was to be finalised, I said Idli manchurian. I just caught it from my husband's utterances while browsing through the menu.
When the Idli manchurian arrived, I liked the uniform chunky look of the idlis. Manchurian it was to the core. while eating it we came up with aloo manchurian.
When the Aloo Paratha and garlic naan arrived, I did some barter and had the gaarlic(sic) naan. The naan was a piece of cloud. when I had seen the Aloo Paratha, I noted the extra butter on the elongated breads and made a mental note to customise it next time.But there is not going to be another time for the AP. It was made from whole wheat flour. Instead of feeling healthy it seemed undernourishing as I was dealing with 'who moved the aloo in the paratha?'. My husband later said that his half had extra aloo. Thats a deprivation there.
Chicken tikka msasala with its smooth red food looks and bell pepper taste and smell had us. The orders arived with a plate of rice which wasnt mentioned in the menu. Makes me think that it is provisional until the menu is settled which itself was two stapled papers. Being a new restaurant its probation time for menu entries. My friend told me that they were asked to rate food other than their orders. Another restaurant has half off deals for take out as the deal for the day. Makes me wonder if itsnt just a late 'stop loss'.
Lamb Keema was too rich for me.
Egg Biryani had its volume tampered with tomato quarters. The cashew garnish was conspicuous. Slivers of ginger. The first bite had a hint of pepper. It didnt have any major biryani flavors.
My husband likes Biryani followed by tea. He saw neighbors who were friends of the restaurant have it. The waitress said 'No tea'.
When we were just about to leave, part owner praised his chef. Cilantro Dosa. Pista burfi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.