Skip to main content

Alternate ingredient world





la tartine gourmande


While just going through the recipes, I find that it uses rice flour. Tonka beans (from S America, the place where all food started from) are
Tahini in chocolate cookies, wonder what that tastes like. Lemongrass and blackberry tea cakes, going along with the recipe, you can almost walk into the grocery store, pick the lemon grass stick and chop it and make the whole thing in a dream.
I have been meaning to know what a noisette is. And Frangelico, does hazelnut have more vocabulary associated with it? Another noisette
I am going to make the brown butter pistachio and poppy seed financiers.
Brown rice flour. I have never imagined that. It takes so long to cook, I thought humanity would have given up on using it in any other form. In a reverse situation, my friend gave me some wheat berries and I hear it takes a long time to cook. At home, we always got the wheat berries ground to make rotis.

The long list of ingredients make some of the recipes unapproachable.

brown butter pistachio and poppy seed financiers - I used almond flour but my friend tasted pistachio, cherries, cardamoms and chia seeds. Toddlers loved it. I have to acquire the taste for a rice flour muffin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.