Skip to main content

Down the canele

While making canele, I had two egg whites that I put in a curry. Looking at the texture of those stringy bits, I was reminded of egg drop soup.
Coming to the canele, I took so many degree turns in the recipe that now I wonder how different it could be too if I stuck to the recipe. I ran out of all purpose when I was at a height of excitement to get the batter ready and chill it. so I used whole wheat and not the whole milk and skipped the rum.
Caneles made in muffin pan, were crusty on the outside and soft like steamed pudding in the inside. They reminded me of a very simple dish that is made as an offering to god - Hanuman appalu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.