Skip to main content

Floating to find desserts

I want to make a dessert. I know its going to have cream. Mascarpone at home. Wow not because I already knew that it could be done at home but look at what all it goes into mascarpone browniesmascarpone cookies. But to use the made mascarpone, I have to wait 24hrs unfortunately time is not the one ingredient that is ever left over to make use of.
I searched and found chocolate pots de creme.  Crema Catalana came close but lost me with its complicated broiling requirements.
Pots de creme it is. I have heard that my colleague made it and fed it to other colleagues who are going to have it now. They have  a comparision point. Creme Anglaise is similar to it and is linked to Floating island. ( Good news is may be now I can understand what the mascarpone lady was talking about in abstracted floating island ). what should I find while mixing ingredients, no chocolate in the house. I thought of using the Bliss white chocolate and finally settled with vanilla extract. From the history of it looks like its one of the ways custards like to go in terms of flavours.
Cant wait to do the caramel part!

After using up the leftover cream (the recipe called for only 1/4 cup cream and 2 eggs. There was 1/2 cup remaining, so tripled the recipe. Besides I dont know who 'measly eating' 4 people it wants to serve. ). More leftovers.
6 egg whites. Can we make scrambled eggs with egg whites? No says the cooking community. So I added another egg and made perfect scrambled eggs. Its not something I run to when presented with it. The first time I had it was when the college had free late night snacks during finals. But it was interesting to make. For a long time I had it thinking its only made from the yellow, until my friend broke that bubble. Then I thought it must have some specific temperature needs.But now while making it, the 'push the eggs to the center' made the process come alive.  For an Indian, scrambled eggs is anda bhurji

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.