Skip to main content

Smell business

This morning while making poha, out of onions, the seasoning was a short affair and finally chilli powder joined the heated oil. The smell then reminded me of other dishes(tamarind rice as it uses red whole chillies in seasoning) and to reach that final product, I added lemon juice, dont ask me why. I am wondering can we imagine a smell we want and actually figure whats the missing ingredient.
Recently while making canele, I realised that milk boiled with sugar smells like custard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.