Skip to main content

potatoes

I usually make broccoli with peanuts and frozen mixed veggie - beans,carrot, corn. Today my husband requested for potatoes with broccoli. I put a few purple skin potatoes for a boil in a pressure cooker. After 3 whistles they lost their color.
Since I had the potatoes I wanted to make part of the taco that Adam had at Juan in a million. It calls for a boiled potato, pepper, eggs, salt on a griddle. I didnt add enough salt.
I had some green chutney in the fridge. Some toasted walnuts  and grated carrots from the morning glory muffins, pomegranate seeds. In they went with the boiled potatoes to make this salad.
The time taken to process the tart of the pomegranate seeds, followed by the walnuts crunch, adds spurts of taste leaps in between the mellow potato bites which kind of clears your palate for the next bumpy ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

Egg Malai Masala

  Egg Malai Masala  Its fun when things turn out as they should. I pureed the onions and then cooked them well. I added the milk for the egg Malai Masala and made chicken curry with other half of the onion base. I used kasoori methi in both. Many times I have felt the onions grainy, but this time I got it right. Patience.

Mohanthal

Today I learnt of Mohanthal from a neighbor at community potluck. One of the dishes was a malai kofta made from mexican squash. Another neighbor spoke about how hard she found to make batura. She said that as she would shape the dough, it would spring back to its original shape. That makes me appreciate the complexity of dishes and the act of cooking. My neighbor impressed with my interest in he sweet, shared some Mohanthal with us. It is truly a sweet from heaven. I was reminded of a sweet from my marriage. Another neighbor quipped about the satisfactoin of eating when very hungry and not as much when you eat on time everyday, which resonated in the following lines of Charles Bukowski in  Wandering in the cage. "the best thing about near-starvation and hunger is that when you finally eat it is such a beautiful and delicious and magical thing. people who eat 3 meals a day throughout life have never really tasted food… "