Skip to main content

Makeover

With a friend for breakfast, I wanted to make rava pongal. I had the split moong dal with husk. The rava pongal turned out tasty none the less.
Dessert was double ka meeta, recipe from Sanjay Thumma. Instead of rabri, I used condensed milk.
Evening snack, Bhel puri. A thing about recipes is that some ingredients decide if you are going for it or not. One recipe I saw called for aloo and chole. Boiling chole would need some soaking and so planning ahead. I was glad to find another without these. There is something fun about pepping up something as plain as puffed rice into a snack with all the crunchy sev and papdi(I used chekkalu instead).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.