Skip to main content

Hide the butter

Recently I had potato fry at my friends BBQ and next visit at Costco made me an owner of 10lb of potatoes. My first trial was aloo fry and then aloo parathas. With some stuff still remaining, I wanted to make puff pastry. To inform myself on making puff pastry at home, I watched some videos. I was convinced to make cutlets by resorting to shallow fry than to hide a slab of butter in rolled out dough. When I put forward this step above from non-frying me, my husband was flying on the magic carpet of curry puffs. I couldnt become the perp so I made Pepperidge farms puff pastry, the silent accomplice. It was a hunt finding it. Knowing that the sheets are thawed, I knew where to find it. the frozen section. At my eye level, there were boxes of pumpkin pie. Last week we recieved  a 12" pp instead of a $75 rebate. I think it was worth it, all that lardering up the body. When I tracked down the pastry sheets with a representatives help, I thought I might have never found it, given the picture on package. The glossy picture had red fruit stuffing in between the sheets which would have never made me think that it was only the sheets that I was looking for and nothing else. What do you think, should items come with enhanced utility, when the plain objects might make the search easier?
I had made chole too, with some left over boiled chickpeas. The  drawn out curry puff drama had one more stuffing joining the fray - spiced chickpeas. although I was glad about coming up with the idea of the chickpea stuffing, Tarla Dalal was ahead of me in the line with this one.
The final outcome was that snacks became dinner. I miss not making the egg curry puffs. The spicy stuffing within  flaky bites is a good way to call it a day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.