Skip to main content

Edibilities

Today at the oriental store, I saw a naked black bird and wondered what it was. Silkie chicken. Few minutes ago, I knew I had to look up something related to food but couldnt call it up. TV news showed a lady chased by a wild turkey. Bingo.

Tomorrow surprise breakfast. Rawa pongal from show me the curry.

Me : Can you show me how much is a pound?
Butcher: one leg
Me: No, how much meat in a pound?
B: one leg

Have to try Naan.

Why eat with one hand?
Today while having a chicken pita for lunch, I felt like dunking pieces of chicken into the tzaziki sauce, which way I got my fingers greased. With those very fingers, I grabbed a big coke glass of water and lo behold, a wet-floor-caution scene appeared in no time.

pretzel bun


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Egg Malai Masala

  Egg Malai Masala  Its fun when things turn out as they should. I pureed the onions and then cooked them well. I added the milk for the egg Malai Masala and made chicken curry with other half of the onion base. I used kasoori methi in both. Many times I have felt the onions grainy, but this time I got it right. Patience.

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

Mohanthal

Today I learnt of Mohanthal from a neighbor at community potluck. One of the dishes was a malai kofta made from mexican squash. Another neighbor spoke about how hard she found to make batura. She said that as she would shape the dough, it would spring back to its original shape. That makes me appreciate the complexity of dishes and the act of cooking. My neighbor impressed with my interest in he sweet, shared some Mohanthal with us. It is truly a sweet from heaven. I was reminded of a sweet from my marriage. Another neighbor quipped about the satisfactoin of eating when very hungry and not as much when you eat on time everyday, which resonated in the following lines of Charles Bukowski in  Wandering in the cage. "the best thing about near-starvation and hunger is that when you finally eat it is such a beautiful and delicious and magical thing. people who eat 3 meals a day throughout life have never really tasted food… "