Skip to main content

Lemon Chicken

Rachel Ray's Lemon Chicken
With this being lemon season, I had a bag load of lemons to dispose with as I felt fit.
I gave some of them to neighbours who refused tea. Some more to a neighbour who will make her favourite achaar with them.
With the remaining, some will go into Grapefruit Marmalade.
One went into this Lemon chicken.
Few are scheduled into Lemon Angel Cakes with Lemon Confit.
I might have to wait for another Lemon wind-fall to
preserve them as a syrup for nimbu pani in summer.
Back to Rachel's recipe where it all started. I refreshed my memory on what goes into lemon curd. I wasnt willing to make it for the sugar. I havent had Lemon Chicken before. So I wanted to see how it tastes.
I have had Orange chicken. That sort of also shows how the original sweetness of the orange can be adapted to lemon with lemon curd.

Start with some white vinegar in a hot pan and add some water.
Add about 1/3 cup lemon juice.
Add Costco's rotisserie chicken breast cut into pieces.

Since its already cooked, the next boiling is to let the lemon flavour seep into it. At this point, after a simmer, I decided to taste the dish and add more seasoning if needed. The original recipe would have required sugar and we are geared towards spice. But this middle way of neither of those worked for me and my husband. we stuck with it. It tasted great with spinach salad too.
I thought I might not have fun this lemon season, having made most of the lemon desserts. But this time I shifted my attention to other courses of the meal.

PS: While scooping out the lemon, I recalled that my mom used the half squeezed lemons to  Get Rid of Dark Elbows

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.