Skip to main content

Lemon wind fall

A friend stopped by one morning to drop off some lemons at our house. They started green but are now ripe yellow. when my husband picked up lemons at the grocery store, I had to remind him that we have many at home.

So far, I have made Lemon curd. My friend sent me another recipe too but this is the dump all together at once and get done with it version. Too buttery for me even after reducing it by 2 tbsp. The lemon tree owner liked it and had it with jaggery rice krispies too.
Gold cake for an infant's welcome.
Initially this lemon bars recipe seemed tedious. But having done it, you dont even need to flour your hands to spread the crust on the pan. I have a windfall of parchment paper too from a moving friend (all the laundry baskets, tables, chairs memorabilia from moved friends). If the list for the filling seems double, that is with a good reason for an alternative light version. This morning when I opened the fridge I only found 2 eggs and the recipe wanted four. I remember reading a bars recipe on the flour. while my family went to get the eggs and butter (that I might need for lemon spongettes or Lemon pudding cake. Luckily or unluckily, the pan that I would need for filling it with water is occupied with lemon bars in progress). But since I have the lemons to finish, it is not a big deal at all to follow this recipe. and with that I have walked into the crust. In pies, I do not like the crust. For this reason I have shied away from making pies and tarts. But maybe I will making those kinds too.
The crust was super tasty. In the filling, I would reduce the egg content a bit.

Lemon lava cake, Lemon souffle.. wow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.