Skip to main content

Some things food


I understood what clean eating is after seeing a 'Boston cream' recipe with ingredients I have never used
Brown rice flour


Evaporated cane juice


and Baking with coconut flourSweet Potato Pie Truffles can be made with the coconut flour. We have lots of sweet potatoes, a baking sheet full with no breathing space for them. Sweet Potato Ice Cream that can be made without an icecream maker is one way to use them.

The magazine is not all about unfamiliar ingredients. When I read the phrase 'schedule is jam packed', I thought of traffic jam and the lack of empty space. Traffic jam resonates with being stuck in the stickiness of fruit jam. I wonder if the traffic jam came to be because of it, but the dictionary confirms that fruit jam is jam 2, a special case of verb jam 1.

This morning I had Rusk with tea. My daughter too found it easy to bite it with her lips and eat, made soft dunked in tea. And then it struck, why Rusk is nothing but poor man's Biscotti. A variant Milk toast is what we had as food for sick days. bread dipped in warm milk. A Green Tea Almond Date Biscotti. I like the colour of green tea.

When I read of 
A Tree grows in Brooklyn, I was reminded of A cake bakes in Brooklyn. Another such wonderful baking site  Cookies and cups

Today when a friend overheard a conversation about Broccoli, I had to share with him my recipe of peanuts and Broccoli. He then had to share his version of adding some besan flour to the almost cooked Broccoli. It seems similar to Fricassee. I need to find out if his version is saucy. 

Are asparagus always this expensive? Or is it the season? I will settle with a Creamless Trumpet Royale Soup.


What is a recipe? A set of steps that make unthinkable possible like Cornish Style Pasty.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.