Skip to main content

No Limoncello Tiramisu

My mind is set on Lidia's Limoncello Tiramisu but with substitution and deletion.

I have made an original recipe earlier with the marsala, saviordi lady fingers and mascarpone. I want to make a next door girl version of it.
I have seen homemade mascarpone recipe before. But looking at this recipe I want to substitute it with Cream cheese an cream. This is a good time to make homemade ladyfingers.
Yesterday at Costco, I saw a well package Pallini Limoncello with 2 glasses inside. Universe! I'm not giving in.

Lidia's recipe seems to be labyrinthic. Lets see where we end up.

What happens when your substitute needs to be substituted? It being Christmas eve, the usual tiny cartons of heavy cream are sold. I didnt want my fridge to be the heavy cream capital of the city. To see what happens, half-and-half was my object under test.
Its one thing to find a recipe for home made stuff and another to have comments that it didnt work. At the time I found the comments, there was no time to retract the choice. I hoped that if the ladyfingers didnt turn out as wished, I would replace it with toasted bread, sort of layered dabal ka meeta.  When I found the batter runny by ust dripping a spoonful onto the pan. I went with two giant unladylike saucer shape cookies.  It did turn out to be a good idea to set the tiramisu in a bowl with two concentric discs.
The end turned out to be cheesy. I kept limiting the sugar.
In the protracted time available, I cutshort all methods and soaked the cookie rounds in lemon liquid.
with less sugar, the sour taste came out and reminded me of Shrikhand





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.