Skip to main content

Recipes from all over the country



Grandma' s Tandy Cake. Please do add the egg mixture gradually or else you will have lumps to deal with.
New England fish bake
Moroccan Salmon compare with Moroccan Vegetable Chicken Tagine
Colcannon Potatoes - cabbage with potatoes
Pickled beets with eggs
Vermont baked beans
Blueberry Tea bread
Sweet Potato muffins
Sweet Potato pancakes
peanutty chicken
 I made the Mexican Ice cream but couldnt get the cornflakes to stick to the icecream all around.
I was very taken with making  Fish fillets with stuffing. I didnt use the chicken broth, mushrooms as I didnt have them. I skipped the bread crumbs too to make it low carb. The fish is Tilapia. The stuffing has knocked our socks. The cooked carrots and onions with the fish juices adds flavor to each bite of fish. I dont like raw onions. But these onions are cooked enough in the microwave to not seem raw to taste but still retain the crunch. The onions remind me of sweet,tangy flavour in Pachi Pulusu ( Just now figured why its called that. pachi means raw. Its not cooked, only seasoned like chutneys). Usually once I try something out, I dont go back to that dish but this one has me hooked. I will try this on stove top too and infuse some flavour into the fish too. The combination of carrots and onions is a hit. No wonder they are in the trio of Mirepoix.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.