Skip to main content

Chicken sesame flavoured Soup Bowl



This Chicken sesame flavoured soup Bowl is a Simply Asia product. The packaging of the product is extraordinary. When you open the vegetable packet, it is a light cocoony cube. With all small packets of oil and sauce, it seems like you are working modernist pantry wonders. 
The packet of noodles itself is what you would find the chef at Genghis Grill heating up on the communal stove pan with some water sizzling. 
After microwaving, the liquid tasted mild tangy. The noodles are thick and there's not much opportunity for them to take on the sauce. May be cooking on stove op might make a difference. 
The experience itself is different than just popping open a noodle bowl.
Another ready to eat bowl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Egg Malai Masala

  Egg Malai Masala  Its fun when things turn out as they should. I pureed the onions and then cooked them well. I added the milk for the egg Malai Masala and made chicken curry with other half of the onion base. I used kasoori methi in both. Many times I have felt the onions grainy, but this time I got it right. Patience.

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

Mohanthal

Today I learnt of Mohanthal from a neighbor at community potluck. One of the dishes was a malai kofta made from mexican squash. Another neighbor spoke about how hard she found to make batura. She said that as she would shape the dough, it would spring back to its original shape. That makes me appreciate the complexity of dishes and the act of cooking. My neighbor impressed with my interest in he sweet, shared some Mohanthal with us. It is truly a sweet from heaven. I was reminded of a sweet from my marriage. Another neighbor quipped about the satisfactoin of eating when very hungry and not as much when you eat on time everyday, which resonated in the following lines of Charles Bukowski in  Wandering in the cage. "the best thing about near-starvation and hunger is that when you finally eat it is such a beautiful and delicious and magical thing. people who eat 3 meals a day throughout life have never really tasted food… "