Skip to main content

Orechiette with Kale and Breadcrumbs

At the time I bought Delallo breadcrumbs Italian Seasoned. I didnt know very many specific recipes hat used breadcrumb, other than finding your way with them. yes in cutlets and so but..
Delallo had a whole wheat penne kale toasted breadcrumbs, which in my mind read as  orecchiette instead of penne as a nod to the cute tiny bag of  Hemisfares Orecchiette in the house.
I didnt know that toasted breadcrumbs on pasta was a thing. And who heard of Lemon breadcrumbs.
Meanwhile Orecchiette with kale and breadcrumbs for a native recipe.

I do like adding savory mixture to my rice. Adding crunchy onions to the biryani. tometo . tomaato

So I began to make the Orechiette with Kale but with an idea of the proportion of kale to the orechiette, I couldnt ladle in all of the pasta into the bowl. I had to use the rest in another dish. I added some crushed tomatoes. But that was too watery. Then I thought something needs to go in there. Refried beans perfect. And a thing like this, has a name called Refried bean soup and in this case it will be, Orechiette refried bean soup.

If I hadnt used some kale yesterday in Lima beans along with spring onions, I wouldnt have this chance to make a quick refried bean soup.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.