Skip to main content

Asparagus casserole

Asparagus Casserole

This was a very rushly made casserole. And what happens when you make things in a rush? Forget some thing. In over generalization of a casserole way, I forgot that the asparagus need to be boiled for few minutes. since I skipped that. I had to bake for a longer time. I like the end result but it is far from the perfect good feeling that occurs when you cook in a  relaxed manner.
The recipes I looked at needed cream of mushroom. I looked in the pantry for an alternate and found just the right candidate. Campbells Chicken and corn chowder. And for Cheese, I used 2 packets of Annies's Cheddar Cheese powder from a big sash of Costco stuff. I didnt need to sue the cheese, but for the dish full of asparagus, one can of chowder was not enough wet ingredient.
All in all, it tasted good. Lemon pepper and Delallo breadcrumbs as part substitute for the French onions, led the show.
On the side are some squash that got a gentle bake. they will find their way to a frittata.
I was so tempted to make Asparagus souffle since I found a cheese make do. Thank goodness it called for many steps. do you sometimes go crazy and think you want to make 300 things?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.