Skip to main content

Whole Wheat Banana Bread

I came across the recipe of Whole Wheat Banana Bread in Stir. Today as we reach 100 in phoenix. Its good weather for warming some butter at room temperature. With ripe bananas, I am always looking for banana bread recipes with 1 cup flour. This one calls for 1 cup all purpose flour and 1/2 cup wheat flour. I want to see how that changes the taste. I didnt realise that this recipe calls for yogurt. Never made such fancy banana bread.
Have you ever been able to not stop yourself from tinkering with a recipe. When it was time to pour in the 1 cup sugar, I thought it wont need that much and started rationing it. And then it struck me that it has 1 and 1/2 cup flour, so it
definitely needs that much sugar. Imagine me scrambling to try to figure how much sugar I tried to put back into the sugar jar. And bringing it back in by spoonfuls. The batter tasted very good. Reminiscent of the sooji, banana, sugar prasadam during Satyanarayana Vratam.
Coming back to the taste of the cake. Moist and light. Did I say cake? That is true. That last piece right there is what I ate and I thought that I would just have a piece of it, but between the crust and the inside, I couldnt stop myself. You cannot tell that whole wheat flour is used.
It violently divides itself into doom and salvation says Wislawa Szymboska of a holothurian. She continues in the poem Autotomy

"We, too, can divide ourselves, it’s true.
But only into flesh and a broken whisper.
Into flesh and poetry."

I want to paraphrase that as

the cake, divides itself into
crust and packed crumbs.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.