Skip to main content

Beans Chatpata and Aloo Korma

Beans Chatpata
Aloo Korma

By a stroke of luck, I searched for green beans curry and came across Beans Chatpata. I thought of making aloo fry, but with samosa on the menu, it would be a repeat of the stuffing. Looking for a gravy recipe for aloo, I looked at Sanjay Thumma's aloo korma recipe and gave it a try. Gravy is my bete noir. Even with this aloo korma at first it tasted bland and watery. But with some boiling, the poppy paste unleashed its magic. Everybody liked the aloo korma. Later I realised that I missed putting coconut in the Beans Chatpata. What fun it is to try new recipes and when they turn out good.
Ok here, the picture doesnt show the said gravy, cause its all gone for a good cause. In this, I had to fry the aloo which I have never done before. For all the times, that you are tied, and cant get yourself to cook, I suggest 'try a new recipe'. Sounds ironic like the Antoinette's 'Let them have cakes' when they cant afford bread. But it works.
Anjeer kheer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.