Skip to main content

Italians dont follow recipes




Author: David Rocco
A Telugu recipe equivalent of Quanto basta is kavalisinantha (as needed)

couscous alla panzanella. Just recently my friend shared with me that couscous need not be cooked.
Rolled roasted peppers. Few friends make stuffed peppers stuffed with rice, potatoes and Indian spices. Couscous friend suggested stuffing them with couscous.
contorno-side dish
French fries made with olive oil.
Pinzimonio
Merenda - snack
Mezzaluna
Scamorza
Grilled foccacia sandwich
Fried Pizza , Pizza Pasta
Pasta and Potatoes - My next try Indian style.
eggplant meatballs for vegetarians
Apple and yogurt cake

When it comes to pizza, if you're focused on the toppings, then you're putting the cart before the horse. - David Rocco

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Egg Malai Masala

  Egg Malai Masala  Its fun when things turn out as they should. I pureed the onions and then cooked them well. I added the milk for the egg Malai Masala and made chicken curry with other half of the onion base. I used kasoori methi in both. Many times I have felt the onions grainy, but this time I got it right. Patience.

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

Mohanthal

Today I learnt of Mohanthal from a neighbor at community potluck. One of the dishes was a malai kofta made from mexican squash. Another neighbor spoke about how hard she found to make batura. She said that as she would shape the dough, it would spring back to its original shape. That makes me appreciate the complexity of dishes and the act of cooking. My neighbor impressed with my interest in he sweet, shared some Mohanthal with us. It is truly a sweet from heaven. I was reminded of a sweet from my marriage. Another neighbor quipped about the satisfactoin of eating when very hungry and not as much when you eat on time everyday, which resonated in the following lines of Charles Bukowski in  Wandering in the cage. "the best thing about near-starvation and hunger is that when you finally eat it is such a beautiful and delicious and magical thing. people who eat 3 meals a day throughout life have never really tasted food… "