Skip to main content

Macaron cupcakes

After having a left over packet of slivered almonds, I saved a  How to make macarons link which I couldnt find. I had time today and a longing to make something.

I set out to ladle a spoon of the batter, too runny. Once baked, they turned out to be thin wafers. Not quite what I expected and then I see that I should have let the piped out cookies to dry for a couple of hours so they could develop a skin.

By then I wondered what would happen if I filled them in the cupcake liners to 1/3rd. My thinking didnt stop there. I wanted to put the stuffing in too. Some chocolate, cream and butter. After baking for up to 35 min, the top crusty and inside chewy - a sweet treat. Different from macaron cupcakes or macaroon cupcakes


Hindsight:

I should have used 3 egg whites instead of 4 as the almonds I had turned out to be 3/4 cup only. Why dont we make these adjustments before?

I didnt tell you how I made the stuffing. A very complex recipe that I felt I was better without. I mixed the cream, chocolate and butter all together on the stove. It was runny at first and then it went into the fridge, buying time to decide what it could become best. We forgot all about it. Today my husband pulled it out, wondering what it was. What it was was something he called 'ok'. And today we are fighting for the spoon to have scoops of it. It has become set like a mousse, the non silky one. Like a chocolate mousse without eggs.

7.20.14
A friend passed along The Ten Commandments of Macarons

11.13.15

Toasted Almond Crisps from Bakery Street are thin and made me recall the first time I made macarons. If laid thin, will work out like the crisps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.