Skip to main content

Spice tales

'How is Pulav different from Biryani?'. My mom asks.
This isnt the first time she asked.
Last time I didnt know the answer. Today over a meal of Chicken biryani, its imperative that I know the answer. I search on the web while eating and tell her that pulav is done all together at once while in Biryani the meat and rice are layered.
The chicken biryani was flavorful but a blooper in rice - I used 4.5 cups for 3 cups Basmati. It seemed done and rest was supposed to cook with chicken juices. In the end, the rice was undercooked. I have used fried onions too.

I made drumsticks with olive oil. I have tried this recipe before and was very happy with the result. This time I had bonus gravy.

There's still the chicken tikka masala to make. I need to make it spicy for my family palate. With the cream, how will I manage that?

I finally made whole wheat sphaghetti with a mix of vegetables - potato, carrot, peas, cauliflower, beans (all strategically saved in small amounts before being all used up in their respective currie sover the week) with spiciest sauce that resulted in a talking nose.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.