Skip to main content

A curry and a cake

One of the times that I was changing a diaper I saw some black print of numbers. In disbelief I looked at an unused diaper and it really is from a diaper stack arranged numerically. Why would diapers need to be numbered? For production inventory sake, would it not be enough to know that a box contains so many and so many boxes have been shipped.
Today, I took out Basha's milk gallon and saw 490 on the can. wondering if it was just this, I found a 492 on another can. whats disconcerting about numbers? A while ago, we were unhappy when our company started issuing usernames based on employee id. A number is just a sequence. Is it because of that predictability that if you are 101 then there's a 100 before you and 101 before you that we dont like about it? If you are Nathan, no one cn guess who's before or after you. Your name is almost unique but so is the number and some more.
while wishing to learn more of the milk carton reckoning, I came across Shamrock's to go organic milk and some recipes. Am I craving for recipes. my usual sources for books and recipes are all running dry. kind of like when you dont use the natural stuff , it falls into disuse. Imagine my horror when the 'new nonfiction' section that I go to in the library is non-existent. The assistant says that may be they were all issued or its been 6 weeks/months and they were moved to the 'no-longer new' stacks. And womansday has stopped considering cakes as desserts.
Still I found Farmers cake interesting. It led me to a Dutch recipesite. I am interested in Viennese deserts after the Viennese Brownies.
Grandmas warm milk cake seems like a breeze. I have never made plantain curry. One of these days, it just flashed that I should make it. Till research finds otherwise lets enjoy some spice. But on cake we have to wait for research on its health benefits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.