Skip to main content

Oozing chocolate cake

I am looking for a dessert to make for guests. Some good ones like banana pudding need chilling. Its 75F. So what I am looking for is a warm dessert. Oozing chocolate cake fits the needs. Lets see how it turns out.

Its soft. Tastes good when warm. But the time to bake needs to be doubled than what is in the recipe.

My friend walked into the kitchen to see if she could help with anything. I had the batter ready thinking that since the baking time is under 15 min, I could get the dessert during the main course. When she looked at the brown batter being ladled into the ramekins
'Imli(tamarind) hai kya?'

Later when I finally got the dessert done, she appreciated the warmth of the dessert even though chocolate is not her favourite. Now I see why she didnt guess the batter to be of chocolate.

I have seen desserts charm people especially when they get done when people are ready for it. Use this tip generously.

My friend got me Mango burfi, Sutar pheni. Her husband while explaining pheni said not to confuse it with Nira.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.