Skip to main content

Sticks to Bundle

Since yesterday night, I was thinking of something to make very quickly for breakfast. For the last few days we have been gorging on Costco muffins, Croissants ( I loved these Croissants but I dont like the texture of the ones made from the frozen dough. But I like the dotted line son it to assist shaping) and all that fatty stuff. From the deep pockets of memory, this morning I recalled Popovers. In the time I boiled the milk-tea, I got the batter done. So no additional time incurred.
While making the batter I was thinking that sponge cake is not the first recipe I made that uses milk. I was thinking about the difference between a popover and a sponge cake. Stuff like this seems to be exactly what is taught in 'School and home cooking'. This book does call a sponge cake a fatless cake.
This time I did feel that popovers are bland. Thats not to take away the marvel of their lightness. But from now on I will add something in them for flavour.
Remember the story of 'Strength in Unity' where a father shows that sticks when bundled are unbreakable. How ironic that a stick that is used to 'break' is used in this example. I evoked that example of individual pieces forming something to show that study and exercise of different recipes forms the bundle of cooking science.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.