Skip to main content

chocolate upside down sponge cake

Recently my friend had told me that friend had made sponge cake easily.
They say Too many cooks spoil the broth. In my case, I can accomplish that just by myself.

(Reference to Black eyed peas)
I ma be that many hands
popping things in
not in the recipe
but in the pantry
sliced almonds from
Viennese brownies
chocolate chips
from god knows when
and for what
and for occasional
coco jump start

In Telugu, theres a saying 'padi mandilo paamu chaavadu', Between ten people a snake doesnt die. with the you do, I do the task never gets done.

I started making Grandmas warm milk cake. You might think, heres a recipe, whats the fun in following it since you know the end point. 'Execution, Execution, Execution'. In the time you say and do that. So many things happen. I have already written about the Mindless eating which wasnt in the recipe. Later when I was searching more about the cake, this Grandma warm milk sponge cake reference along with the consistency that I saw make me believe that it is also a sponge cake. The highlight of the cake was not totally fathomable at first. When I couldnt get the cake out of the pan first gently and then violently, I wrote off the baby. My friend tasting the cake let my husband in on a secret.
'Do you want chocolate? Its at the bottom of the cake.'
I thought more about the cake, specifically about the sunken chocolate chips and how that doesnt happen in cookies.
With a simple recipe, I have learnt of the elusive sponge cake and the heaviness of chocolate chips.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.