Skip to main content

Raspberry Cream Cheese Toast Untoast

I was going to make the Mediterranean style baked egg boats from Ciabatta rolls. But there are many, so I wont use it all yp in floating the boats. So I can use them in other recipes. Besides theres loads of boiled chole which has become Avocado Hummus and the remaining has to become chole. Sanjay thummas tip - add the boiled water first to the onion, tomato base and then add chole only after all that has cooked a bit. Its not even Chole and Chapathi for lunch. It turned out to be split Ciabatta toasted in the toaster with some fried fish and salsa from Huevos Rancheros
Coming back to the Raspberry Cream Cheese Toast Untoast, I asked my daughter what would she like for lunch. She said toast and when I was going to toast that, she didnt want that meaning skip the toasting. Then the Mr suggested cream cheese on it. Later after exit and entry to the kitchen, I found a surprising raspberry colour and wondered if it was some jam. I was told that it was my daughter's idea to crush raspberry into the sandwich.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

Egg Malai Masala

  Egg Malai Masala  Its fun when things turn out as they should. I pureed the onions and then cooked them well. I added the milk for the egg Malai Masala and made chicken curry with other half of the onion base. I used kasoori methi in both. Many times I have felt the onions grainy, but this time I got it right. Patience.

Mohanthal

Today I learnt of Mohanthal from a neighbor at community potluck. One of the dishes was a malai kofta made from mexican squash. Another neighbor spoke about how hard she found to make batura. She said that as she would shape the dough, it would spring back to its original shape. That makes me appreciate the complexity of dishes and the act of cooking. My neighbor impressed with my interest in he sweet, shared some Mohanthal with us. It is truly a sweet from heaven. I was reminded of a sweet from my marriage. Another neighbor quipped about the satisfactoin of eating when very hungry and not as much when you eat on time everyday, which resonated in the following lines of Charles Bukowski in  Wandering in the cage. "the best thing about near-starvation and hunger is that when you finally eat it is such a beautiful and delicious and magical thing. people who eat 3 meals a day throughout life have never really tasted food… "