Skip to main content

Tossing the ingredients




When I saw the recipe for Tabbouleh salad, I could not believe that the bulgur had to just sit in boiling water for an hour. I had to check for myself that it works and it couldnt wait. So thats what I did. and am I happy for the freedom from boiling the bulgur for too long and ending up with soggy mass at the end.
I never thought I would make Tabbouleh at home. I took some shortcuts like dried parsley, mint paste instead of fresh mint. I used only 3 tbsps of lime juice.Until now, Tabbouleh was mainly parsley for me up until the minute I saw that it has bulgur. Our memory how it works, when it has to remember somethin we dont like it makes the whole dish of that disliked thing.

Other recipes that are interesting in the book : Spinach with vinaigrettesalmon sandwiches (greek yogurt spread), green bean casserole.
In desserts Brown sugar souffles with creme Anglaise and  roasted banana pudding are ambitious but both have one thing in common which can be baked instead of using corn starch.

Larb is the new food word of the day. And musubi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.