Skip to main content

Banana sponge cake

Recently we have been to some friends for Varalakshmi Vratham and ended up with tons of bananas (paraphrasing hit someone like a ton of bricks). My husband new what to do with the first batch reaching old age. Banana bread. But wife is bored of classic banana bread. Still I thought  a new recipe might make me do it. foodnetwork's 1 stick of butter put me off. Besides its 2 cups. I find 1 cup recipes ideal to make. And somehow when I was thinking of no fat, banana and sponge circuits in my head got short and I wanted a 'banana sponge cake'. It seems more like an English thing with most recipes in grams. The net doesn't serve up a simple sponge cake easily. the least it expects of you is to separate the eggs and whites. I remember it was easy the last time. Finally I chose sponge cakes.
4 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
2 ripe bananas
Bake at 325F for 40min in loaf pan
should have added some baking powder.



Flavored whipped cream:
Today at Starbucks, I asked the barista making a mocha crumble, what was the thing on top. It looked like whipped cream but wasn't white.
Chocolate whipped cream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.