Skip to main content

Substitutes


Cream cake and mango topping from last post taste great. I had trouble eliciting cake from the pan.Referring to the fault list of cakes, 'waiting too long' seems to be the reason.But even timing it for the second layer didnt work. So the whole thing has sort of become a trifle. If you are wondering how so without whipped cream - since our base is cream cake which uses heavy cream, no cream left in the pantry for whipped cream. The gathering that I am going to has few people who do not eat eggs. I have been looking for recipes with non fat dry milk. I saw the packet in the pantry when I went for sugar. There were some eggless milk cake recipes. While earlier I would have made the cake without contempt, freshly wounded from the pan sticking cakes, I chose Walnut Burfi. It was a breeze to make but I might have ended up with Burfi Walnut. Recall these walnuts should have gone on to the 'Farmer's cake'. Anyways, in the process I found a recipe to make whipped topping with nonfat dry milk. My attempt has led to all things on the counter get a white sprinkle. My husband suggested a tea break to cool things a bit. Now it seems like the mixture could thicken. But peaks oh my. It still has the powdery taste. I went ahead and added the lime juice and sugar to see if it makes it any better. It tastes like lemon curd but is white in colour. Not that I have tasted lemon curd before but with Costco lemon bites taste still fresh in my mind, it must come close.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.