Skip to main content

Must try breakfast


One morning while struggling to pretend that fat free Philadelphia cream cheese tasted ok on Safeway freshly made bagels which was more like soft bread, my eyes fell on Village baker. A nondescript signboard but got me curious enough to find out more about it. As I walked in, I found the decor of the place with thin wooden logs match the color of the bread. there's a huge bread artifact that'll make you enquire if thats real. The goodies that I found on sale were cinnamon rolls and another with its tag on the side. i managed to step a little into the zone of the cashier and read it as scones but they looked like fashionable scones. If you can imagine a stuffing in the center baked as bread and then cut out. I asked the cashier for the place's best. It being morning, he had to pick from pastries. "Chocolate Brioche". Dark brown. From the looks of it, it didnt seem like the clouds would break after I bite into it. I pulled apart bits for my family to try. It was crisp and melted chocolate here and there kept reminding me to come back to it for more. I have heard of Brioche as bread but not in these handy sizes. These look fantastic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.