Skip to main content

Plenty of cake and fresh fruit

Today I attended a birthday celebration. The cynosure was a fresh fruit chantilly cake. Layers of cake with layers of fruits. Fresh fruit tastes great when cut and even more if it comes with some sauce. But there are times when apples taste better uncut. Have you realised how a fruit triples in size when you cut it? It seems its a few bites and then into the trash with what little can be let to cling to the core. But when the knife comes into the picture, 'divide and rule'.. not so easy.

I had some chicken tikka masala today and I ought to learn to make it.
For some reason the gravy of chicken tikka masala and paneer butter msala, runny with tiny fried onions reminded me of animal style fries at in n out burger.
I also had lamb in mint sauce curry.
Yesterday I made salmon curry in tamarind sauce and fried onions. Grilled Salmon over rice was the first dinner that I had in US at Ramada Inn when I got stuck at an airport.

My friend told me about asparagus sauce on spinning spoons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.