Skip to main content
Sweet magic

I am making Cherry Clafouti from this book. The rest didnt appeal to me due to the use of corn starch or xantham gum.
I thought I saw fresh cherries like last week at he grocery store. And now, theres none. I went with frozen dark cherries. What a relief Maraschino is not the only way to treat cherries.
I look at Julia childs cherry clafouti. The procedure is slightly different. she puts some of the batter in first, after a film is set, she adds the cherries and then the remaining batter. Its more cherries but the sugar to flour ratio is 2/3:1/2.
My main reason to crosscheck with another recipe is to see if the 1hr time makes sense. It must be the low temperature of 325F. Also, I have divided the portions into 2/3 and 1/3. I hope 40 and 20 min will do. Or that I exactly know when the center is still jiggly and outside crisp. What a help it is that Julia Child suggests 'stick the fork to done' method. Another recipe bakes it for only at 30min as the oven is set to 425F.
In a article, towards the end, Mark Bittman says that there are four stages in learning how to cook. I am at the second stage where I find myself mixing ingredients from two recipes. I encountered this material first in Finding myself in the Kitchen in Man with a pan.

I want to try the chocolate cups too from this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.