Skip to main content

First time

Recently, I made okra curry. If I havent made it ever, it is because of the stickiness. Well, I didnt have to do much to make a decent curry. Okra had to be cut into small pieces, a stir now and then. I am not that scared of it now. I have used frozen okra before, that doesnt count.

Speaking of first time curries, I made Gongura curry yesterday. My mom likes it but my dad doesnt like its tanginess. Soak a fistful of chana dal the night before. Pluck out the leaves. Put it in a bowl. Add very little water such that the bed of leaves is 1/3rd in water. Add the soaked chana daal. Add around 8 cloves of garlic. after 5 min, add oil, green chili paste and salt. Cook for another 10 minThat is all it takes.
I enjoyed the curry. While I had another serving of spinach curry which lost its taste because of too much water from the soaking, I kept leaning to this curry, for the rare and distinct taste of this curry.

My mom-in-law just told me about how to make Gongura daal. After next week grocery then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.