Skip to main content

Thai buffet

That can be a rough draft for a definition of heaven. Even though I have been to one and found the food not much worth talking about, still the idea of a Thai buffet 'arouses my senses' like chuao wishes to.
Once the two tables were joined for a party of five, we were still two steps away and the waiter asked us about our drinks. How do waiters remember the orders? Especially if we are in a jumble with no 'fixed by seating' advantage. The order was easy enough. He just had to remember that one girl had ordered water. My colleague liked that the lemon tea was unsweetened.
I shy away from noodles and pasta as I do not want to have the whole of the serving. But a buffet is a good place to try just enough. I enjoyed pad thai and should hit myself for wanting a local freshly made noodles store to have the sweet and sour variety instead of basking in the glory of its kitchenivity. I had Thai omelette and liked it and couldnt say if I liked it because I like omelette. That too had the sweet and sour element to it.
I was very taken by two symmetrical stubby fish statues that were positioned like they were golf sticks. At another corner there was a bundle of fake vegetables. The fake orchids on the table. They could have been of a taller cut to risk giving away. Closer to the food array is a pink trapezoid. It could have a mummy in it. To increase the unsettling is an inclined heavy duty cylinder pole.
The bubbles in fried wafers, all spill out guilt once they touch the mouth. At the end of it, I had no place for dessert. Fresh fruit on a colleagues plate looked inviting. More so was the banana discs. Looking at them I was reminded of satyanarayana vratam prasadam. The version I know has fresh coconut cut into pieces and no ghee and cashew nuts. (Caracas is the first chocolate that I had with pistachio in it). A full banana does not evoke appetite but some mandarin oranges around, I stacked them and made place for this concoction.
This is the point where wonders as Simone de Beauvoir in The Second Sex 'one does not know if the fried potatoes are desired for the husband or the husband for the fried potatoes'. Same is the case with anything that has cream in it.
As I was leaving the restaurant I saw a smaller pointed pyramid standing straight by the door. It was glass checked with green wooden strips.
All's well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.