Skip to main content

Italian without Pasta

Apple Serenata, a dessert at Spinato's has a flame roasted fuji apples baked on a crispy crust with loads of vanilla bean gelato on it. After some shoveling, when you get to the bottom of the dessert, what you have is the crust soaked in melted icecrem now soft. Its the same texture that I like when puris are soaked in tea. Why does food texture play such a role? I prefer thicker noodles as I tend to pick flavor of the noodles better. Yesterday, I had ultra thin Sevai noodles, but the food escaped me. Kind of like it went into the blind spot of my taste buds and skipped evaluation.
In industrial zones, you need a permit to sell wine.
Roma Cannoli cream.
Calzone stuffed with sphagetti reminded me of the recent craze of spaghetti on tacos.

10.25.10
Having had the vermicelli kind of noodles at a Thai Buffet, these were a tad thicker than sevai but very long. does the sense of continuity alter the taste?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.