Skip to main content

Its a wonderful world

At Whole Foods I had Chicken Marbella. I wonder if Chicken Marengo in The Good Home cookbook is anything good like it.
Chicken Kiev. Chicken Divan. When a colleague got this for a potluck I misheard it as Chicken Divine.
Spaetzle reminds me of a sweet dish that my neighbor made during my childhood. She cooked rolled wheat dough tortillas cut into diamond shape in water with sugar and cinnamon. It reminds me of Kubba from the Iraqi cookbook too.
Noodles with cabbage.
Saffron is the stigma from the fall-flowering crocus flower.
Beets in orange sauce.
According to Richard J Perry, unlike spoonbread, corn pudding doesnt contain any cornmeal, so the texture is smoother. On the other hand, it is not as light because the egg whites are not beaten seperately. Okra is a member of the same family as hibiscus and cotton. Cooking Okra with acidic ingredients, in this case tomatoes, complements the slippery texture of this vegetable.
Peach Honey Butter.
I saw caramel frosted yellow cakes at Fry's grocery store.
Fruit cobbler,buckle,crunch,slump,grunt,crisp,crumble,compote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.