Skip to main content

Artichokes

I have not had artichokes much. There are many recipes for asparagus, artichokes in Mediterranean vegetables. This book is a James Beard winner.

Cuisine foundations book had a step by step picture of cutting an artichoke in three pages. But that was two variations. Still it is a one and a half page for one kind of it. I am glad I bought only one artichoke. I started peeling it and I almost got to the centre of it and found it heartless. Disappointed, I made a curry out of it. It is above average. Just some part of it has the lemongrass texture. The tender ones agree more with my taste buds. I need to learn to pick chokes with hearts.

Jerusalem Artichoke.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.