Skip to main content

Popovers



Tired from the day, I wanted to make a bread quickly. I picked Breads and Sweetrolls cookbook for this purpose. Its a thin book but it is all business. This is the firstbook where I saw a simplified sketch of a picture of different kind of breads, with only outline and numbers within, followed by a legend.
I didnt believe the popover recipe that it requires only eggs, flour, milk and salt.
I heard of them from a lady who works at the apartment office. Few minutes into the oven, they rose. The recipe called for 400F for 50 min. I was skeptical about it. The inside seems not so well done.

since this is a harmless set of things to work with, I can experiment with muffin pans and starting with a higher temperature and reducing it over the next half to see if the inside cooks well.
Fun experiment with no guilt involved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.