Skip to main content

Rava Dosa and Puli poha

I dont think I have ever ordered rava dosa at a restaurant. The only reason being that any time, I am there, I already have a tough time choosing between Dosa and Uttapam. My friend used to make them over weekends. And then I realised that this dosa has holes and is easier to make than the rest. With Onion rava dosa, once the pan got hot, I could see the holes as soon as the batter hit the pan.
Usually I dont like raw onions, but since they get a little cooked, they add a nice flavor to the rava dosa an remind me of the uttapam studded with onions and vegetables.
Chettinad tomato chutney  on the side.
A friend was telling recently about how they pack seasoned tamarind paste on trips and add it to moistened poha. tamarind poha is on the same lines. You know the tamarind quantity is right, when you can smell it.
poha pulao sounds interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.