Skip to main content

Tofu Butter Masala Pizza

I got to have the Pizza, so I can vouch for the taste and texture of the Pizza.
The friend who made gutti dondakaya had this to say about making Tofu Butter Masala Pizza.


"One fine Monday evening, I was talking to my friend about our recent trip to Seattle and it stirred up vivid memories of eating the delectable "Paneer Butter Masala Pizza" at the Can Am Pizzeria, Bellevue.
It got me thinking so much about it that I decided to try my hand in making pizza and recreate  some of that magic in my home (Phoenix,AZ). I started off with the recipe I found on mehtakhushbu.blogspot.com and tweaked it to my style. I garnered from the blog and other pizza recipes that the general of rule of thumb was to use the paneer butter masala gravy as the pizza sauce and paneer pieces in the curry (in my case tofu) along with other veggies as toppings. In my first trial, I didn't want to risk making pizza base (from the scratch) so I used the ready made one instead. I made the curry, filled the 8in pizza base with dollops of gravy, added green and red bell pepper, onions and cilantro for topping, sprinkled cheese on top and baked it in the oven.The resulting pizza may have seemed close to the original one as far as taste was concerned but texture wise it didn't feel right at all. So in my second trial, I made the pizza base from the scratch and this time I put a thin layer of the gravy and added same toppings as last time. There was a world of difference in texture and my husband and his friends simply loved it!
 My two experiments helped me understand that there is a lot more to making a tofu masala pizza than it seems. For example, the gravy needs to be the right consistency to be used as pizza sauce and also, it shouldn't contain as much cream or butter as the curry recipe. In my next attempt (in the hope of getting a result closer to that pizza from the other world), I am going to make sauce with no cream and also marinate  tofu in the gravy with yogurt before using it as topping. This way I will have scope to add more cheese. And another important note is to use cilantro as garnish after baking and not as topping before baking."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.