Skip to main content

Upma

If you started out cooking in high school anything like me, you would make upma with idli rava and sure enough its food scattered to the winds.
The way I do it, I dump everything in but this time I followed the directions and roasted the semolina well and that made all the difference. I made Upma from Pure &Simple cookbook. It ended up looking good, came close to the one I adore at weddings for its roasted urad dal smell. Its about the same ingredients that I usually use but with a recipe it makes it convenient as to know not only what to use but also what to leave out, that way not all the dishes end up being the same.
Recently I had uppittu in Maharashtra wondering what it was. Turns out that it is upma.

Once I had kharabath at a colleague's house. That holds the flag for a spicy twist on upma.
I am all sold to try vermicelli upma and more pulao dishes, all because I like the vegetable content in all those dishes. I am aiming for the rice and vegetable ratio that makes the mixed rice not only tempting to eat but to make.

After eating upma, if you are feeling the urge to have tea, then you got the making all right. So make sure you have time to make and enjoy the tea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.