Skip to main content

Live seafood

Not just a section on the menu.

Today lunch was at Phoenix palace . We were prepared for a buffet ; nothing short of a dozen kinds of chicken. As soon as we walked in, the waiter grabbed our attention with 'Dimsum?'. Without time for looking around, we took the table next to the door. Carts wheeled close and away. After some exchange of words, what we had on our table was Daikon cake. The order would have read 3 pieces of that cake. But my friend got one of it exchanged for a Taro cake, so I know how that tastes too. And after a big search, the vendor put a pair of Zong zi on the table announcing it as chicken. On top of this there was a salty vegetable delight waiting.
Daikon and Taro cakes were very filling and so was the glutinous rice with chunks of chicken and a stray sausage piece. I liked the poets story related with Zong Zi.
After having my fill, I sensed something leggy between my lips. I was almost staging a no-drama approach within where I would call on the receptionist and let her know that there is something on the plate and she might want to be more careful about not having it there. My friend took a close look at it and dismissed it as a tiny shrimp used to flavor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.