Skip to main content

Let your attention not wander

That should be the caveat in a recipe after every instruction . Like mom says when you put something on the stove. Be there, dont wander.

 I made sorakaya pulusu and sorakaya kootu. I had to scrape the bottom and stop cooking like the examiner said put your pen down and return the sheet. I had to put the ladle down and switch off the gas. Recently I saw a friend's hot stove had a 'still hot' light. I wish mine had it too. I could have escaped the scar I got from my pyro-insensitive arm magnetised to the hot coil. I have a knack for getting attracted to sticky things like hot coil and freezers that wont let your fingers loose even if you have a test the next day.
Thats not the last of it. My roomate ate the pulusu and found some bitterness in tthe pulusu. Talking about it to my mom she suggested that I should add sugar/jaggery when I add Tamarind paste. We have made curries where we have used the paste without adding sugar but that is a onion heavy dish. I am referring to egg pulusu. I havent told you that I added Fenugreek seeds which could have given the bitter taste along with the left out sweetener. Having tasted it myself, I think I have just found a way of making Bitter gourd curry out of bottle hourd.

Looks like there are zillion ways of making the pulusu. I look forward to finding out the best way with all those appetising recipes available. Thinking about pulusu, I wondered if cabbage could be used and why not say other bloggers with their recipes of  cabbage pulusu.
Tamarind is used in 2 ways. Raw and ripe. That if you leave out the way leaves can be used in coooking and if you leave out how the seeds can be used in games. Most people appreciate and are familiar with the ripe one. Its the raw ones which requires a palate when used to make chaaru. I cant find good recipes for it. Thats a to-do: Add a recipe. Tring tring mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.