Skip to main content

Culinary mishaps

cooking - even just following others recipes is not all that hunky dory. I made simit and wht I have is hard bagels which tasted like murku according to my roomate. dunked in kala chana it tasted like vada sambhar to me. Few things that went wrong. I used whole wheat, so I shouldnt have been looking for the 'golden' color. With the oven acting up on me I felt clueless if the bagels were getting enough heating to do their thing or not.
I have so much more kala chana, I wondered if I could just bake the dehusked chickpeas into a bread. sure enough, one can make chickpea bread or oven baked spiced chickpeas.
With mine, I am going to make hummus.
That I did. I will stick with garbanzo.
With so much of the dip available, freewheeling , I decided to make sabudana upma. Soaked the pearls too long. Ended up with an unfavorable texture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.