Skip to main content

Whats for Breakfast?

Yesterday morning I mashed the boiled egg and added some pepper to it on a slice of toasted bread. Cap with another that was my husband's intended breakfast but had for evening snacks. while making that I pronounced that there's mint chutney in the fridge and that should be used in the next sandwich. I also recalled the first time I saw my friend make this sandwich.
This morning I applied the green mint chutney on the toasted bread and had to use up a boiled egg and wondered if it would taste good and it being morning. My husband was ok with it. Nothing revs up creative confidence like a willing subject. God made internet so our spouses could be happy. Chutney egg sandwich is a thing. I went ahead and sliced the egg  (I so wanted to use a mandoline after Cabbage Comeliness )neatly and arranged it on the toast. There was an arrangement question because of the way yellow came to one side and the symmetry was lost. If I should be rolling over the white boiled egg slice with no yellow onto the other side. but if I close it, then it wont be a problem. Then there was another thought too, if I should be spreading the chutney on the inside of the closing sandwich, which is better not done as my husband thought that the sandwich needed more toast and more spread would mean more moisture and sogginess.
Came across a curious name for a breakfast dish - Justified Eggs with Toast in Benjamin Franklin book of recipes. Justified like  Upheld?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.