Skip to main content

Tart Soleil

My friend sent me this beautiful link to Feta Tapenade Tarte Soleil.
Funny part is that I baked and baked the tart for a golden colour that it could never achieve cause yours unbaked forgot to put the egg wash. There will be a smart oven some day which will beep that you skipped a step in a recipe.
The stuffing here is what we use in kajjikayalu. I have fond memories of watching my parents make them. Crunchy and sweet.
This one is a slight twist on that as its flaky here.
My husband couldnt find the pepperidge farm puff pastry in quiet  a few places. Finally when he found it, he bought four which gave me a nudge to make something new like Rose aux pommes
While it is a way of making something beautiful, its a nod to try something new from international cuisines.

I recently read in The Superhuman Mind: Free the Genius in your Brain that you should imagine a waterfall of milk in the kitchen to remember grocery list of milk and so on and while going through a gorgeous French Dessert book, The Art of French Pastry couple with my week old fascination of memorizing poetry that started with Beyond the River,
 I am wondering if I should try memorising recipes. For one I wont forget the egg wash part and wait calamitously long for something thats not going to happen without the right ingredients. And number two from the creative way of remembering grocery list, I was wondering if we imagine what wont happen if we skip a step, then there is atleast in the memory to pull that if I want the dark golden colour, then I should do that step.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.