Skip to main content

Coriander Mint Rajma

I had some leftover boiled rajma. I didnt want to make rajma like I always do, like everyone does in the tomato paste. 
T. Susan Chang in  These 10 summer cookbooks talks about beans and The Better Bean Cookbook
Even perfectly cooked beans can exhaust your appetite long before you get to the bottom of the bowl, for the blandness of a bean calls for aggressive seasoning to blast open its beige palette.
Rajma tikki and rajma kadhi

I boiled  potatoes and mashed it into Rajma for the tikki. In my perfect Rajma tikka world, coriander -mint chutney could not be missing, so I had that ready too with some yogurt blended in. Boiled rajma being in the fridge retained moisture in it in a coagulated form which was harder to read as watery, in went potato after potato to thicken the mixture. With average hopes, I set the patties in the pan, only to refuse to turn upside down, even with goading. thats when I got angry and mixed everything and the coriander-mint chutney and some peas. The outcome - Very tasty like Chaat. The whiff of fresh mint and coriander with the mashed potato and cooked kidney beans. Addictive.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs