Skip to main content

Almond Chia cookies




Sesame fudge uses tahini.
Tahini can be home made.

The book has the origin of Tamarind as Tamar hindi - Indian date. Why should tangy tamarind be mistaken for dates when there are dates grown in India.

Anediblemosaic blog

Pantry says - no sesame seeds.

I ended up making pistachio sesame cookies.

Only those werent what I had in my pantry.
So they go by the name of Almond Chia cookies.
If you are wondering where the almonds are. They are holding up the cookie like Atlas. Barazek. I used my hand to make the dough into a ball. I wonder how adding sugar by way of syrup changes the cookie dynamics.
                                                                                           The back side of the cookie
When I first flipped through the pages of the book. The first dessert that piqued me was Coconut semolina cake. Just recently I had bakshalu made with coconut and semolina. This needed baking. So I was interested in finding out the end result.
I also made Roasted semolina pudding which is a very simple dessert mostly made by Indian women during fasting days. But I was surprised to find the ratio of 1/2 cup semolina o 3 cups water. I thought that much water would be an overkill, but its surprising to see how it all sets in the end despite the belief on the cook's part.

Authors interview

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vadi biyyam

Vadi Biyyam We do this for the 21st day of baby's birth. The rice is then cooked in a couple of days, with all neighbours invited for lunch. number of times a woman can receive lap rice odi biyyam songs

October butternut cake

October butternut cake  tasted a bit - airy like corn bread. Skipped the frosting and used melted chocolate and served it with frozen custard.